Church celebrates 123 years of service
The Greater Providence Missionary Baptist Church, 412 Commerce Street, celebrates their 123 Church Anniversary Sunday, November 27.
The church was organized in 1893 under the leadership of Reverend N. T Denson. Gus Gerald Henry and Dora James, Tom Soders, Wash and Liza Lisborn, Elijah and Addie Moore, and A.W. Washington were the charter members of the newly organized church. To install the idea of divine direction Addie Moore selected the name of Providence Baptist Church.