FCHC Safety Statement & New Hospital Guidelines
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Falls Community Hospital & Clinic remains focused on preparedness and response to coronavirus
For the safety of our patients, visitors, providers, staff, and community, Falls Community Hospital &
Clinic has implemented additional safety measures to control the spread of the virus. We have
reduced entry to the hospital and clinic to two entry points (Emergency Room entrance and Clinic
At this time, Falls Community Hospital & Clinic is limiting the number of visitors in our Emergency
Department and Inpatient floor. The following changes are in effect.
- Visiting hours are restricted to 8:00am-8:00pm
- Only one adult per patient is allowed in the building at a time during these hours
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older
Staff continues to screen patients and visitors prior to entering facility. Screening includes the
- A short questionnaire provided by the CDC
- Checking patients and visitors temperature
- Visually assessing whether the visitor looks ill (coughing, shortness of breath, fatigue)
Visitors experiencing any of the following symptoms are asked not to enter the facility:
- Fever or signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat;
- Contact in the last 14 days with someone who has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, is under investigation for COVID-19, or is ill with respiratory illness; or
- Traveled within the previous 14 days to a country with sustained community transmission.
Falls Community Hospital & Clinic has set up 2 phone lines in order to better assist patients. If you are experiencing cough, fevers, and/or shortness of breath, DO NOT go directly to the Emergency Room or Clinic. We ask that you call before you arrive and a Nurse will direct you to designated areas for assessment.
Please call 254-252-9387 to contact ER staff.
Additionally, to help limit the amount of “non-essential” visitors per Texas Health and Human Services
guidelines, the cafeteria will be closed to the public until further notice.