Early Voting Begins in Falls County
The Runoff election will conclude on July 14, but early voting starts today, Monday, June 29.
Early voting will will be available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. until July 10, barring July 3. Early voting is available at the Falls County Courthouse annex, which is located at 1910 Industrial Blvd. in Marlin.
Republican Congressional District 12 candidates Renee Swann and Pete Sessions are the only politicians up for decision on the republican ballot.
Whomever wins the vote will be up against either Rick Kennedy or David Anthony Jamarillo, the two against each other on the democratic ballot.
The candidate positions of United States Senator and Railroad Commissioner will also be on the Democratic Ballot. Mary “MJ” Hegar is up against Royce West for the Senate candidacy position, while Chrysta Casteñeda and Roberto R. “Beto” Alonzo battle it out for a chance at being the Railroad Commissioner.
On primary election day, each precinct will have a specified location in which to vote.
Polling locations for July 14:
- Precincts 101,104 & 101- Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, 411 Coleman St. in Marlin;
- Precincts 201,203 & 204 - BTW Alumni Building, 216 Falls St. in Marlin;
- Precincts 301, 303 & 304 - D. Brown Memorial Library, 203 North 2nd St. in Rosebud;
- Precinct 302 - Marlin Housing Authority, 101 Burnett St. in Marlin;
- Precincts 403, 404 & 405- Chilton Volunteer Fire Department, 2589 State Hwy 7 in Chilton.
Mail-in Ballots are available for those who need them. Applications to vote by mail should be mailed to: Falls County Elections, P.O Box 810, Marlin, Texas 76661. To receive an application for a ballot by mail, you must be one of the following: 1) 65 years of age or older; 2) have a disability; 3) be confined in jail; 4) expected absence from the county.
For more information, head to votetexas.gov.