Church members celebrate 124 years of worship
By Raymond Moore
Established in the year 1893, the Greater Providence Missionary Baptist Church of Marlin recently celebrated 124 of worship services.
In 1893, a small group of Christians banded together one November afternoon with the sole purpose of organizing a church. This group was made up of 12 individuals who would go on to become the church’s charter members.
To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/Marlin%20DemocratID558/